Monday, February 26, 2018

Why does God allow mass shootings to happen? Here's how I think He would answer that question



Gun-loving Christian: God, why do you allow mass shootings to happen?
God: Why do you ask me when the answer is in the mirror of your soul? Look into that mirror and ask yourself why you claim to worship Me and follow My Word, yet listen to nothing I have told you. Why do you allow weapons of evil to flood your society with sin and take the lives of my beloved children, for whom I gave my life on the Cross? Did you not hear me when I told you, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 
But woe unto you, you do hinder them by failing to protect them from these guns you have chosen to worship at my altar, these tools of Satan that you now invoke in my Name.
How dare you suggest that these deaths are punishment for turning away from me in your schools! Are you blind to the nations of the world whose governments do not worship me in name? Do you see mass violence ripping apart the societies of Japan, of China, of India, of Australia? Do I punish them for not claiming me as their Savior in public with their words? No, I say to you, for they follow my teachings through their actions, and not empty words, and are more worthy of My Kingdom than you ever will be.
Did you not listen to me when I told you, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's”? Did I punish Caesar or his people with acts of death and destruction for failing to worship me, for not bringing me into their temples or schools? No, but now you claim this violence as punishment for your government, and its institutions, and my beloved children for not allowing Me in their schools? Is this how you defile your Lord, by ignoring my message of Love and Peace and replacing it with one of vengeance and violence? 
Why do you sit idly by and allow my children to suffer and perish? Why do you ignore their cries, and the cries of their parents? Did you not hear me when I said to you, “Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.” Do you not realize that by not doing what I commanded of you to Love your Neighbor, and protect My Children, you are rebuking Me?
Did you not hear me rebuke the Scribes and Pharisees for their hypocrisy, the same hypocrisy you now practice when you speak my Name but follow not my Words? 
I say of the gun-loving Christian conservatives of your nation, just as I said of the Scribes and Pharisees 2,000 years ago, “Do not follow their words. For they preach but they do not practice. They tie up heavy burdens and lay them on people’s shoulders, but they will not lift a finger to move them.”
You have placed your guns before Me. You have placed these tools of evil on the shoulders of my people, and taken their lives with them, and now you ask me to explain why such death befalls your nation, when you do not lift a finger to protect your fellow man, woman and child? 
Truly I say, look but into the mirror of your soul. There you will find the answer in its darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Madden's Most Memorable Oakland Moments

  John Madden celebrates the "Sea of Hands" victory in the 1974 playoffs that ended the Miami Dolphins' dynasty.              ...